IP Buffer Key Features
- Proven technology from the telecommunications industry
- Tested in marine and other harsh environments
- Reliable communication and buffering provides zero, or minimal, data loss
- Acquires data from multiple IP and serial based sources
- Available in one and four port versions with a wide range of storage options
- Acquires data directly from a wide range of oceanographic sensors
- Works with OceanWise recommended Mobile to Mobile VPN
- Configured to work seamlessly with OceanWise’s Environmental Data Sharing and Publishing solutions
Smart Telemetry for the Ocean Environment
The ip.buffer has an extensive range of data delivery options using industry standard Internet TCP/IP protocols. A large non-volatile flash memory enables the ip.buffer to reliably store, monitor and manage a wide range of oceanographic and other sensors.
The ip.buffer was developed by leading telecommunications technology provider Scannex, and adapted to the marine environment with the help of OceanWise. Modifications include lower power consumption and programmable data acquisition.
Bidirectional communication, encryption, and user authentication provide a safe method for remote device administration.
A full feature comparison of the different IP Buffers can be found here