Ruskin Desktop Features
- Multiple instrument interface: More than one logger can be connected to Ruskin at a time and multiple data sets can be opened at the same time.
- Multilanguage capability: English, French, Spanish, Polish, and Chinese. More coming soon!
- Flexible export: In addition to the raw logger data file (.rsk/.hex), Ruskin supports the following formats: native Matlab (.mat), OceanDataView (.odv) and Excel (.xls/.xlsx), as well as a plain ASCII (.txt) format.
- Plotting: When you want to check that the deployment worked out, Ruskin gives you a set of charting tools to help you visualize your data.
- Cast support: Use instrument-generated or post-processing-generated casts to segment your data and view as either time-based or depth-based plots.
- Plot output: Ruskin saves plots in PNG (bitmap) and PDF (vector) formats with the click of a button.
- Complete deployment simulation: If you are curious about battery autonomy or memory usage estimates, Ruskin can simulate any RBR logger and estimate the deployment resources required.
- Calibration: One- or two-point calibration for dissolved oxygen, pH, pressure, and turbidity.
- Automatic update: You don’t need to check to see if we have added new features – Ruskin will check for you. Each time you start Ruskin, it will see if there is an improved version available, and if so, ask you if you want to download it for free.
- Comments: It’s easy to send feedback directly to RBR. From the Help/Comment on Ruskin menu, you can tell them about features you think they should add, or bugs you’ve found.
Serial-to-USB (dongle/driver) issues
RBR recommend the EasySync ES-U-1001-A dongle using the FTDI driver. We have found that many other adapters using other chipsets do not work satisfactorily. Remember to install the driver; otherwise, the COM port will not be visible to Ruskin.
Ruskin apps for iOS or Android make it easy to wirelessly configure your logger, download, display, and sync your datasets back to the office. Each profile is tagged with the GPS position from your device at the time of download.
- Share your datasets via AirDrop, Dropbox, email, iCloud Drive, and more
- View charts of your CTD data plotted by time or by depth
- Geotag your CTD profile automatically
To download either Ruskin Desktop or Ruskin Mobile for free please visit RBR