- Digitally integrate into CTD or third party system
- Large internal memory allows for self-contained deployment with external battery pack
- Low power consumption <1W typical
- Optional solid secondary standard provides quick & easy method to verify calibration
- Blue version for all algae and Red version specific to cyanobacteria
The PhytoFlash is distinct from other fluorescence instruments on the market in that it is the first solid-state instrument capable of variable fluorescence measurements on natural concentrations of phytoplankton. The solid state platform allows for a much wider range of uses due to its small size, power efficiency, more stable components, and lower price point.
The PhytoFlash detection system is best described as a short-pulse, multiple turnover variable fluorescence system. The technique utilises 3 low-intensity LEDs to monitor minimum fluorescence (Fo) and, after saturating the cells in the sample chamber using 6 high-intensity LEDs, measures maximum fluorescence (Fm). Users are able to define the saturation duration (200 – 10,000ms) of the high-intensity LEDs. In Laboratory Mode, users are able to view the response curve. A Flow Through Cap is available to allow for dark adaptation for all three operational modes (Self-Contained, Integrated and Laboratory).
Three operational modes are available with the PhytoFlash; Self Contained Mode (uses internal data logging system and rechargeable battery pack), Integrated Mode (connection to a third party system), and Laboratory Mode (provides full reporting of response curve).