Business Development Manager – Maritime & Subsea
£35k basic, flexible working, private health, supportive culture, 25 days holiday
Port Solent Marina, Portsmouth, UK (flexible location)
About RS Aqua
RS Aqua is the UK’s leading and largest Marine Science Technology distributor and equipment supplier, with extensive technical support services including equipment servicing and subsea systems integration. We are a high growth company, with >25% year on year growth for 4 years straight. A new BDM role has been created to focus on our marine offshore and subsea client base, including energy, subsea engineering and defence.
We recently relocated our HQ to custom designed, modern offices and workshops in the beautiful Port Solent Marina, Portsmouth. You will be based in Port Solent, with frequent travel in the UK and internationally. A remote / alternative location may be considered for the right candidate.
To continue our growth journey, we are looking for a passionate, high-performing Business Development Manager to join the team to enable further development of our maritime and subsea business domestically and globally.
You will identify, develop and convert business opportunities for new and existing RS Aqua product lines. You will be communicating directly with end users from offshore energy, subsea engineering and defence on a daily basis, so confidence and credibility with these groups is essential. Our product covers met-ocean, passive and active acoustics, oceanography, robotics and fully integrated marine measurement systems. You will be expected to maintain a high level of technical competence across these areas.
Priorities & Deliverables
• Identify, develop and convert new business opportunities for RS Aqua.
• Take ownership of a significant new product launch in Spring 2020.
• Represent RS Aqua at UK and International client meetings, speaking engagements, conferences and industry events, to effectively and successfully articulate the RS Aqua offering, leading directly to new business opportunities.
• Grow existing client relationships for the benefit of the end user and RS Aqua.
• Work with BD, sales and marketing colleagues to ensure your activities are integrated and complimentary to the rest of the team.
• Work with colleagues across all business functions to ensure product and system sales are designed and delivered to the highest possible standards of quality, effectiveness and profitability.
• Communicate regularly with clients and suppliers to develop and deliver pipeline opportunities.
• Assist with writing successful tenders, quotes and proposals.
• Support RS Aqua’s resellers and distributors for our “own-brand” product sales, to grow the established export business.
Experience & Qualifications
• Technical Sales or Business Development success in the maritime or subsea domains.
• Evidence of working with technical or engineered products and systems, for instance met/ocean systems, robotic platforms and sensors in private, government or applied research sectors.
• Strong business / relationship development experience and success, with a proven track record of achieving targets in a B2B environment.
• Higher education in the fields of marine / maritime / engineering / business.
• Evidence of Continued Professional and Personal Development inside and outside of your career to date.
• Passionate and dynamic by nature.
• You must be a high-level communicator, in person, in writing and online.
• Collaborative; able to thrive in a high-performing team environment.
• Demonstrable commercial awareness across multiple business functions (sales, marketing, engineering, operations…)
• Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, frequently and often alone.
• You must have the right to work in the UK, and you must be able to pass detailed background security checks.
Please submit your CV and covering letter directly to RS Aqua for the attention of the Managing Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to have an initial discrete / informal discussion in complete confidence, please make that clear.
Deadline: Monday 11th November 2019.
No Agencies Please.